Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Update

It has been a while since I last blogged, I've been working on my website www.resinationjewelry.com and a new FB page www.facebook.com/RESINationjewelry It's been a very busy (but productive) past few months.  I have had tremendous opportunities for growth and learning after my first craft show to having my own kiosk.  I have learned so much and cannot be more greatful for the opportunities I have had.  One day I want to own a studio and teach resin crafting.  Any how, just wanted to share a few of the things I've been working on. Above are two brass colored cross bezels filled with real rose petals.  I used bigger bezels and did two different layers.  I would suggest getting someone to help you if you try this.  its much easier to have one person slowly sprinkle the petals in as you stir (after the mixture is stirred) and use a toothpick to prevent bubbles.

     This is the process of several coats of resin.  They take a really long time to make but it's so worth it because it helps preserve priceless memories.  I filled the core first with three thin layers then proceeeded to the outside.  It will take several more coats before I am confident that it will form a thick layer to protect the rose.

    Blessings and Happy Halloween!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment